Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blog Post #8



For This week's blog we were prompted to find some tools outside of class about our personal field of study and or interests. My personal goal is to become a special needs teacher in the future. So upon searching I found some very useful tools: videos, lesson plans, and activities especially for special needs children and children with learning disabilities. Enjoy!


Her video is short and right to the point, what she is sharing makes so much sense. Working with the students, and knowing what their personal struggle is and finding ways to help them perform the needed skills for class is wonderful! It takes extra time and patience to help kids like these, but it is worth it when you see a child learning and progress with their learning throughout the school year. What a wonderful teacher! She is someone who knows what she is doing.

Special Education Materials: Lesson Plans
This is a website I have found if anyone is interested in teaching Special Needs students in the future. This website has lesson plans for all different subjects, print outs, word searches, you name it and it can be found on this website. This is a wonderful tool, and while looking through these tools it makes me so excited and anxious to being a teacher one day. I am thrilled to get to work with students I can call my own on a day-to-day basis and hopefully change their lives for the better.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan, Dr. Strange was really thinking when he assigned me to comment on your blog. I am also going into Special Education and I couldn't be more excited for my future. I love the video and website you found they will defiantly come in handy when we start teaching. I found a couple devises that will help the kids commentate in the classroom or in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) This website seems like it would be helpful in your future classroom!

    ReplyDelete