Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Post 1

1. The only things I have heard about this course is the fact that it is very hard. Also, that it is a lot of work. At the same time, the people I have talked to have assured me that they have learned what they expected from the course, and took a lot from it.

2. I fear that I will be busy with other things, and forget to do a post or something required for this class. Also, technology has its ups and downs and times where it tends to not work. It would be very frustrating for me, or any other student really, to have typed up everything for an assignment/blog and the something happens to the computer and it loses the work. It has happened before, and is very irritating!

3. This early on in the course, it is very difficult to compare this class with one I have previously taken. I have been in computer classes in the past, learning about Microsoft Office, etc., and also about improving typing skills. I take it that this class is very different, and is about how to use the technology that I would be potentially using in the classroom of my own one day, which is very useful and important to learn about.

4. The most difficult thing for me in this course will be to remember to constantly go online and update blogs, view blogs, and keep up with everything going on in this class. There are no excuses for it, and I will not make any. With that being said, that doesn't mean it will not be difficult. It will also be hard for me to keep a positive attitude about things, and not get overwhelmed with the workload and necessary things for the course. It is important for me to do well and to succeed, and this is what I plan to do!

5. To address this issue, I need to develop better time management skills and make sure to stay on top of things for classes. Also, I need to stay online for this class, and make sure I know what is going on. It is also important for me to use my resources wisely, and be aware of the help that is available for me if needed.

6. At this point in time I do not have questions about the course, and if I did they would be very general questions that would most likely be answered with a couple more classes. I am coming into these class sessions with an open mind, and willing to do work! I will make sure to keep the syllabus for this class handy to look over in case any questions do come about, also I have my professor's email whom I am very confident will answer any questions I might have as well.

2 comments:

  1. "...I need to develop better time management skills and make sure to stay on top of things for classes." Essential for EDM310

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reference to number 2, try using Google Docs instead of the word processor on your computer. Google Docs automatically saves all your work every few seconds, so you don't have to worry about forgetting to save a document or your computer crashing. I learned about it last semester, and Google Docs is all I use now.

    ReplyDelete