Friday, February 28, 2014

C4K Kid's Blog Summaries


The kids blog I commented on for week 4 was Kevin, and he was in Mrs. Reuter's class. In his blogs he develops stories that are honestly very creative. When I read his blog post it reminded me of a video game. It was about a man being called for a secret mission out of the blue and having to go wherever they sent him and he could not tell anyone. He ended up going into war, and was fighting for his life. The fight was very brutal and violent, and he saw some excruciating things. He ended his story with a cliff hanger, very clever. This made me want to go back and keep up with his blog to know how the rest of his story would go. So yes, I am still keeping up with Kevin's blogs today. He is a truly talented writer, I shared with his to keep being creative and keep up the good work!

For week 5 I was suppose to comment on a students' blog names Phillip, but he did not have an active blog so instead I commented on Anika's blog who is in Mrs. Little's class. For her blog on that week she wrote some wonderful poems. She has three poems that she shared, and they all were different. One was titled sadness, and it was just that. It was a little dark and sad, but to write something like this is truly takes a lot of gut. Her second poem was titled “Forest”, this poem was my favorite of the three as I shared with her. This one was fun, and the words were spread out throughout the page and some were in bold. It was definitely an attention getter, she paid very close to detail which is important for writing! If the eyes are not interested then it is hard to stay focused. Her third poem was titled lily, and was very about a flower, and was very simple and to the point. They were all great, and I shared with her to keep the writing up, and to keep her imagination roaming!

For week 6 I commented on Latice’s blog who is in Mrs. Miller’s class. In her blog she compared reading books to what she would see in movies. The movie she was talking about was not mentioned, but she said she liked watching the movies better than reading books because she found them easier to follow and understand. After reading this, I mentioned to the student how important it is to read books and how reading more books can enhance ones writing skills. With this being said, after suggesting this, I told her that her thoughts were normal for her age and to keep writing and updated the blog!

For this week, I commented on Ashlie’s blog who is in Ms. Frahm’s class. She did a color poem for this week and the title of her poem was “Tropical Bloom” and it was about the beach. Her uses of adjectives were wonderful to read. She made going to the beach sound very enjoyable! I told her to keep writing poems, and blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment